Saturday, November 3, 2012

Happy Belated Halloween

As we all know that I am not the best blogger.  I guess you can say that I blog when I either "Feel like it" or when "I have completed some major project."  Today would be both. For the past month I have been cleaning and reorganzing my Craft Corner.  I call it something else. 

I have been on Pinterest as all of ya'll are everyday or every minute.  I have pinned alot of things that I want to try and one of those many things was a "Mad Hatter Hat."  I have to be honestly I have not been a real fan of Alice Wonderland.  I don't know if it all the mass confusion  with Wonderland.  I'm not really sure, but I finally sat down one day and watched the Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland.  I actually Loved it.  I really love Johnny Depp playing the mad hatter and his costume.  I love the ending when she finds heself a confident young girl becoming a young independent woman. 

So I went to YouTube to find some help and I did find some great videos-I finally found one that made making the hat so simply.

Here is video clips and pictures.

 This young woman did a great video but when I tried the cardboard it just didn't work.


So this was the video that I got the help from and it only took me a couple of hours.



The supplies you need are in the second video.  But I forgot to take pictures of the cylinder of poster board the size of my head.  I did reinforce it with stapling the top and bottom seam and hot glue (high temp and yes I burnt my finger I few times.  The top is 12" circle and I did yes my Cricut to help.  I then hot glued the material to the top and draped it down to then hot glue under the card board.



I the bottom part is all explained the 2nd video.  But for my wire circle I used an 12" from an old lamp shade that tore apart.



Once I finished it all I tried it on and to my misfortune it was "TOO BIG" but I love to think outside the box and thought I have some foam.  So I cut it 1/2" thick and then hot glued it inside the tucked the green material around it.


My costume part was from a jacket I bought at TJ Maxx last year, a beige lacy shirt from Cato's, my green scarfs from the local Country Peddler show this year and my pants where black carpi with black and green argyle socks from Target. 
 Pictures taken by my Aunt Dea. Thanks for taking them



I had the pocket watch necklace from last year and made the potion charm from a Pinterest idea.


and the rabbit hole.
 
I hope ya'll enjoyed the pictures and somewhat tutorial.  I had alot of fun and did get to where this at work and people crack me that they couldn't believe I actually made it.  I love to challenge myself and I did! Belated Happy Halloween and Happy Fall

No comments:

Post a Comment